Wise and Understanding
- 13 Who is wise and understanding among you ?
- Let him show by his good conduct
- that his deeds are done in gentleness of wisdom.
- 14 But if you have bitter jealousy
- and selfish ambition in your heart ,
- don't boast and don't lie against the truth.
- 15 This wisdom is not that which comes down from above ,
- but is earthly , sensual , and demonic.
- 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition are ,
- there is confusion and every evil deed.
- 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure ,
- then peaceful , gentle , reasonable ,
- full of mercy and good fruits ,
- without partiality , and without hypocrisy.
- 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace
- by those who make peace. James 3 , 13-18