- 2 I praise you because you always remember me
- and are holding fast to the traditions just as I handed them on to you.
- 3 I want you to know ;
- that the head of every man is Christ ;
the head of a woman is her husband ;
and the head of Christ is the Father.
- 4 Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered brings shame upon his head.
- 5 Similarly, any woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered
- brings shame upon her head. It is as if she had had her head shaved
- 6 Indeed, if a woman will not wear a veil, she ought to cut off her hair.
- If it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved,
- it is clear that she ought to wear a veil.
- A man, on the other hand, ought not to cover his head,
because he is the image of God and the reflection of his glory.
Woman, in turn, is the reflection of man's glory
8 Man was not made from woman , but woman from man.
9 Neither was man created for woman but woman for man.
- 10 For this reason, a woman ought to have a sign of submission on her head, because of the angels.
- 11 Yet, in the Lord, woman is not independant of man nor man independant of woman
- 12 In the same way that woman was made from man,
- so man is born of woman ; and all is from God.
- 13 I will let you judge for yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God unveiled ?
- 14 Does not nature itself teach you that it is dishonorable for a man to wear his hair long,
- 15 while the long hair of a woman is her glory ?
- Her hair has been given her for a covering
- 16 If anyone wants to argue about this, remember
- that neither we nor the churches of God recognize any other usage.