The sinners, subjected to their passions, are an easy prey to the Demon. He rules peacefully over a
large number of hearts which he does not disturb in any way. The lukewarm is an easy prey.
Only the fervent and devout brethren escape his influence and it is against them that his fuming and
persevering hatred is baited. ( I want to see God , Ste Theresa of Avila , P 99 )
[ [ Return ] ]
The fact is that I understand so well the little power that they have when I am not unfaithful to God ,
that I do not fear them in any way. All their efforts are useless, if they do not meet hearts who easily
surrender to them . It is against such cowards that they show their power. ( I want to see God ,
Ste Theresa of Avila , P 109 )
Shame on the righteous who wavers before the wicked !
The celebration of Sunday observes the moral prescription inscribed by nature in the human heart to
render to God an outward , visible , public , and regular worship " as a sign of his universal
beneficence to all. "
[ #2176 ] + ( St-Thomas of Aquinas, STh II-II 122, 4. ).
Because all flesh had corrupted its course, the great deluge followed ... [ 3.31 ]
" O my Lord , did I ever deceive myself ! " I am nothing , and had not even suspected it. "
Pierre Corneille , of the French Academy
[ Imit JC 3.08 in Verse ]
The helping hand on which you can always count hangs at the end of your arm.
You are sometimes of better use to men when you serve them from a distance.
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare ;
it is because we do not dare that things are difficult. Lucius Seneque
7 and delivered the righteous Lot, who was very distressed by the lustful life of the wicked 8 ( for that
righteous man dwelling among them , was tormented in his righteous soul from day to day with seeing and
hearing lawless deeds ) : 9 the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation and to keep the
unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment; / 2 Peter 2 , 7-9
Most women hardly have principles ; they are led by the heart , and depend for their morals of the men they love.
La Bruyère ( Jean de ) , Les Caractères , Of Women.
Deus fortis est robore ; quis restitit ei , et pacem habuit ?
- " Pray as though all depended on God and work as though all depended on you "
- Reputed to St-Ignace of Loyola
Who is wise and understanding among you ?
God created us without us , but cannot save us without us ... ( St-Augustin ).
2 Quotes from Mark Twain :
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
Let us endeavour so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
" Of all your soul , worship the Lord your God and venerate His priests. " ( Siracide 7,29 )
- A grandeur of a human being that commands respect lies in his high-mindedness , in his capacity to open to the needs of others.
- The taller you are , the more you must lower yourself ! - - Ben Sirac
Act of Contrition #13 .......
A soul without prayer is a soul without Christ.
[ 74 ] The idea that there is no God does not frighten anyone ;
- That there is one is enough to make one shiver. Diderot ( Denis ) , philosophical Thoughts.
What we must aim at is not so as to make our children rich in money , gold , or any advantages of the sort ;
but strive instead to render them opulent over all in piety , wisdom , or any treasures of virtues , that they
have little needs , and be not fascinated by the wordly goods and the desires ill-considered. St-Jean Chrysostome. P 32 P.Grv.
- Men and women seldom agree on the merit of a woman: their interests are too different.
La Bruyère ( Jean de ), Les Caractères, Of Women.
- To die : We are pleasant to rest in the company of our fellowmen :
- poor wretches like us ,
impotent like us , they will not help us ;
- we will die alone. Pascal ( Blaise ), Thoughts, 211.
We die only once , and it is for such a long time !
- Molière ( Jean-Baptiste Poquelin, dit ) , Spite in love , V, 3, Mascarille.
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of private interpretation.
21 For no prophecy ever came by the will of man :
- but holy men of God spoke , being moved by the Holy Spirit. [ 2 Peter 1 , 20-21 ]
- " In life, always do right.
- This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. " Mark Twain
- The fidelity of certain men with respect to other men,
- that moves me to tears , that moves me to tears,
- I find this beautiful , I find this noble,
- I value this much higher than any other feelings. Jacques Brel
- Fear of man or woman is a snare. Dr. Randy C. Brodhagen