PARABLE OF THE LAMP
- 33 " One who lights a lamp does not put it in the cellar or under a bushel basket ,
- but rather on a lampstand , so that they who come in may see the light.
- 34 The eye is the lamp of your body .
- When your eyesight is sound , your whole body is lighted up ;
- but when your eyesight is bad , your body is in darkness.
- 35 Take care , then , that your light is not darkness.
- 36 If your whole body is lighted up and not partly in darkness ,
- it will be as fully illumined as when a lamp shines brightly for you. "