CHOOSING THE LAST PLACE
Luke 14 : 7-11
- 7 He went on to address a parable to the guests ,
- noticing how they were trying to get the places of honor at the table :
- 8 " When you are invited by someone to a wedding party , do not sit in
- the place of honor in case some greater dignitary has been invited .
- 9 Then , the host might come and say to you , ' Make room for this man , '
- and you would have to proceed shamefacedly to the lowest place .
- 10 What you should do when you have been invited is go and sit in the
- lowest place , so that when your host approaches you , he will say ,
- ' My friend , come up higher '. This will win you the esteem of your fellow guests .
- 11 For everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled
- and he who humbles himself shall be exalted."